For cooking rice, polenta, or anything sticky, the person in our family who washes pots and pans is a big fan of the nonstick inner pot manufactured by Instant Pot. It can be used under pressure just like the original metal pot.
2 cups Uncle Ben’s® Original Converted® Brand Rice
1 3/4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine rice, water, and salt in the Instant Pot.
- Plug in the Instant Pot and lock the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook.
- Press the Pressure Level button to select High Pressure.
- Set the timer for 9 minutes.
- Make sure the vent lever is set to Sealing.
- Turn off Keep Warm if your Instant Pot has a separate Keep Warm button.
- Once rice has cooked, allow pressure to release naturally. If your Instant Pot has a combined Cancel/Keep Warm button, press it now to turn off Keep Warm so the rice won’t burn on the bottom.
Fluff the rice and serve.