Cooking hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot gives you the equivalent of hard-steamed eggs, which makes it easy to peel the shells off.
Get a steamer basket for your Instant Pot if you plan to hard-boil eggs regularly. You can put up to 3 dozen eggs in this steamer basket.
Be sure to use large eggs that have no cracks and are cold from the refrigerator. There’s no need to peel the eggs right away. They can be stored in their shells and peeled when needed.
- Put about a cup of water in the Instant Pot.
- Put eggs in the steamer basket.
- Put the steamer basket in the Instant Pot.
- Plug in the Instant Pot and lock the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook.
- Press the Pressure Level button to select Low Pressure.
- Set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Make sure the Vent lever is set to Sealing.
While the eggs are cooking, put about 2 cups of ice cubes per dozen eggs cooked in a medium bowl and add cold water to cover.
When the Instant Pot beeps to indicate that the eggs are finished cooking:
- Manually vent the Instant Pot. Do not let the pressure release naturally.
Remove the steamer basket and put the eggs in the ice bath. Let sit for 15 minutes. Remove from the ice bath and use, or allow to air-dry before storing.